Cupping Therapy massage in Whitstable
What is Cupping?
A form of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). The technique involves creating a vacuum inside a round glass cup, by inserting a naked flame and removing it, before placing the cup quickly onto the back area before the vacuum is lost. The cups can be left in place for 5 mins to 20 mins, or a technique known as ‘sliding cupping' can be used, to cover a large area such as the back. Your natural health practitioner in Whitstable will spread a thin layer of massage oil over the skin; the cups are then suctioned into place onto the body or slid along the muscles that are being treated. This helps release facia, allowing the blood, lymph and Qi to flow more easily in stagnated areas, relieving muscular ache, pain and tension, and promoting health and relaxation.
How Can It Help Me?
Research shows that cupping helps to:
- Relax muscles, releasing muscular pain and tension.
- Promote the healing process via increased local tissue metabolism.
- Activate the lymphatic system, to drain excess fluids and toxins.
What is Cupping Good For?
- Musculoskeletal pain.
- Lower back, shoulder and neck pain.
- Improving recovery of: coughs, asthma and the common cold.
- Stress/Tension: Tight muscles and tension headaches.
- Those in need of relaxation
- Excellent for those who sit at a computer.
Will Cupping Leave Marks on My Skin?
May do, depending on the severity of your problem. The cupping marks can leave discoloration due to broken blood vessels just beneath the skin, much like a bruise. This indicates the level of blood and Qi stagnation.
These harmless marks will slowly fade, before disappearing completely, after approximately 1 to 10 days. After regular cupping treatments you will see the marks will become less.
How Often Can I Have a Cupping Treatment?
It is recommended to do 1 x a week, for 3 to 6 weeks, depending on your condition.
How Much Will It Cost?
Cupping is suitable for most patients, except for those who are physically weak and have certain conditions, such as:
- Inflamed or sensitive skin.
- Those who bleed easily or on blood thinners.
- Pregnant women.
Book A Treatment Today
Fill out my form and book a cupping treatment today! You'll be glad you did. Any questions about the practice? Just give me a text or call on 07903 056 450 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.